Starting salary from £28,000+ per annum – 43.75 hours per week
Would you like to be part of a large and EXCITING Nursery?
- A full and relevant Level 3 qualification in childcare and 3 years’ work experience with early years children
- Supervisory experience is essential
- Desirable early years professional status (EYPS) or its replacement, early years teacher status (EYTS)
- Full and clear background check by the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS)
- Organisational skills
- Ability to motivate and support staff
- Financial management skills
- Experience and enthusiasm within Childcare
- Fun, bubbly and motivated personality
Teaching, Learning and Development Manager
Report to: Operations and Processes Manager & Managing Directors
- As Quality and Training Manager you are part of the Senior Management Team and have responsibility for ensuring that the Nursery staff teams are being trained and supported to perform to the highest standards evidenced through internal audits and Ofsted evaluations.
- Safeguarding children is your priority and you will be a Safeguarding lead. You will speak up against practices that don’t support safeguarding or our policies and procedures.
- You will deliver regular workshops and training to all levels of staff across all Little Giggles Nursery sites.
- To support and train leadership staff to ensure high quality childcare practice and to develop room leaders and staff teams.
- To ensure all legislation in relation to regulatory bodies, inclusion, safeguarding and health and safety is complied with and that company policies and procedures are adhered to and implemented.
- Support all Little Giggles Nursery sites and prioritise those in most need and communicate with Senior Management Team around reasons why and what support plans you have in place to support them.
Childcare and Education responsibilities include:
- Promote high standards of quality within the nurseries regarding the environment and resources for children, experiences offered to children and planning and record keeping.
- Ensure throughout the nurseries there is a commitment to the company’s Curriculum intent, ethos and values in all work undertaken.
- Ensure employed teachers are completing their job descriptions to a high level.
- Ensure ‘Educational Programmes’ are been planned for and carried out to a high standard in regards to the framework and what we should be supplying.
- Ensure Letters and sounds Programmes are carried out effectively with appropriate grading and good standards of activity delivery from practitioners.
- Ensure all staff teams understand and are performing to the highest standard in each aspect of their role.
- Assist in the implementation of the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) curriculum.
- Audit children’s observations ensuring they provide an accurate, detailed reflective account of the child’s current development needs and ensure staff are providing developmentally appropriate challenging next steps.
- Work with the Senior Management Team to evaluate the quality of childcare and education within the settings and to identify and address areas needing development.
- Create and develop learning environments that deliver engaging experiences for children 0-5 years.
- Train and Support the teams in ensuring Safeguarding Children procedures are followed always and in the event of an allegation being made.
- Establish, develop and maintain highly professional working relationships with relevant Local Authorities, regulatory bodies and outside agencies to benefit the children and nurseries.
- Comply with the statutory framework for the EYFS or relevant statutory regulations and company policies and procedures at all times.
- Remain abreast of current developments in childcare and education policy and practice.
- Complete peer observations solo and with Nursery Managers to check standards of practice and set action plans to support practitioner develop either a room or individual PDP’s.
- Oversee and support all Curriculum Leads as the Curriculum head to ensure standards and maintained and practice is developed and support for continuous improvement.
- Ensure the standard of education is as high outdoors as it is indoors for a rich and stimulating environment.
- Check planning is completed as per Nursery Managers schedules across all 6 sites and action plan Nursery Managers where this is not been completed weekly and feedback to Operations and Processes Manager to support you.
Training & Development
- Support with the recruitment of new staff and assist with training to ensure they are fully supported in their learning and development delivery to young children.
- Devise and implement an apprentice programme which support them to become competent level 2 and level 3 early years’ practitioners.
- Work with apprentices and new staff members to complete their mentor handbooks and tasks issued additional for them to pass their probationary period and complete their mentor book.
- Ensure Safer Recruitment practices are followed at all times.
- Review and update the company Induction Programme in line with new teaching and learning and development required.
- Support Nursery Managers with the induction of new staff including the design and delivery of induction programmes.
- Ensure all employees are successfully inducted into the Little Giggles family to achieve outstanding standards of care and education and maintain an effective induction programme for all staff.
- Identify training needs to meet the development needs of the children; develop a staff training plan and evaluate training undertaken, PDP.
- Develop a Single Central Training Record for all staff across the company.
- Create and deliver a Core Training Programme; carrying out regular workshops in house and attend staff meetings to train and support staff where required.
- Create and coordinate a tier-level Leadership Training Programme.
- Continually develop our Mentor Programme.
- To work with and be part of the Senior Management Team to develop and assist with the performance management systems and review processes within the organisation to drive quality performance and mitigate disputes.
- To co-ordinate the administration of the performance management processes, ensuring training and development needs are identified and addressed in the organisation wide training plan.
- Undertake and assist with staff issues such as Disciplinary and Grievance investigations, meetings and paperwork in accordance with the company’s policies and procedures.
- Gather staff feedback throughout the year including an annual staff questionnaire in regards to teaching and learning.
- Managing talent pools and succession plans to ensure the company can continue to operate in the future with in house promotions.
- Develop and implement ongoing staff retention strategies.
- Embrace and promote our Standards of Excellence in every part of your role.
- Liaise with the Senior Management Team and organise training/meetings to keep them up to date on business changes and best practice.
- Hold a full and relevant qualification in early years childcare at level three or above
- Experience working within an early years setting
- Must hold a clean drivers license
- Must have access to own vehicle
- Must be willing to travel across Little Giggles sites
- Hold a BA Honors Qualification in Early Years or QTS or Equivalent
- Have a proven track record of improving practice
- Have a proven track record of training and supporting apprentices and new staff
- Have a proven track record of being a successful mentor
- Ongoing training and support
- Childcare discount up to 75%
- Performance pay rises
- Giggles Group specific for conversations regarding work related matters and focus on positive goals achieved
- Bonus Schemes