Little Giggles Ashton
Starting salary from £30,000 – £32,000 per annum
Would you like to be part of a large and EXCITING Nursery?
We have a fantastic opportunity available! You do not want to miss out!
Nursery Manager required for soon to be very busy children’s nursery based in Ashton-Under-Lyne, managing a friendly nursery team for a Private Day Nursery.
We are seeking to employ an enthusiastic and experienced Nursery Manager for our Outstanding setting for 45 hours per week.
- A full and relevant Level 3 qualification in childcare and 3 years’ work experience with early years children within a management role. Supervisory experience is essential
- Desirable early years professional status (EYPS) or its replacement, early years teacher status (EYTS)
- Full and clear background check by the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS)
- Organisational skills
- Ability to motivate and support staff
- Financial management skills
- Marketing skills
- Understanding of Social Media Platforms e.g Facebook
- Experience and enthusiasm within Childcare
- Fun, bubbly and motivated personality
Provide day care for babies and young children from birth to 5 years, in addition to running a Breakfast/Afterschool and Holiday Club and managing tour visits. Ensuring staff are up to date with training and conscious control of staff behaviour, observations and all paperwork.
- Create a safe and stimulating environment to promote learning
- Update parents and carers on children’s progress
- Work with colleagues to meet children’s needs
- Check equipment is in good condition e.g regular Risk Assessment and Health and Safety Checks.
Business responsibilities include:
- Recruiting staff
- Supporting and developing the nursery team
- Managing a budget
- Arranging marketing materials
- Maintaining records and creating management reports
- Complying with environmental, health and safety and fire regulations
- Keeping up to date with developments in early years care
- Building relationships with relevant agencies, schools and childcare professionals
- Attending training sessions both in and out of work time
- Work with the nursery owner/area manager to ensure the nursery meets OFSTED and early years foundation stage standards.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Level 3 in Childcare as a minimum
- Two years managerial experience as a minimum
- Must have previous experience within the same role
- Fantastic Pension
- Ongoing training and support
- Childcare discount up to 50%
- Annual glitzy awards nights
- Performance pay rises
- Giggles Group specific for conversations regarding work related matters and focus on positive goals achieved
- Bonus Schemes