Nursery Deputy Manager
Little Giggles Great Moor
Starting salary from £24,000 – £26,000 per annum – 45 hours per week
Would you like to be part of a large and EXCITING Nursery?
We have a fantastic opportunity available! You do not want to miss out!
Nursery Deputy Manager required for our nursery in Great Moor, Stockport. Helping to manage a friendly nursery team for a Private Day Nursery with additional duties carrying out the nursery risk assessments and dealing with them as needed.
- A full and relevant Level 3 qualification in childcare and 3 years’ work experience with early years children
- Supervisory experience is essential
- Desirable early years professional status (EYPS) or its replacement, early years teacher status (EYTS)
- Full and clear background check by the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS)
- Organisational skills
- Ability to motivate and support staff
- Financial management skills
- Experience and enthusiasm within Childcare
- Fun, bubbly and motivated personality
Provide day care for babies and young children from birth to 5 years, in addition to running a Breakfast/Afterschool and Holiday Club and managing tour visits. Ensuring staff are up to date with training and conscious control of staff behaviour, observations and all paperwork.
- Create a safe and stimulating environment to promote learning
- Update parents and carers on children’s progress
- Work with colleagues to meet children’s needs
- Check equipment is in good condition e.g regular Risk Assessment and Health and Safety Checks.
Business responsibilities include:
- Recruiting staff
- Supporting and developing the nursery team
- Maintaining records and creating management reports
- Complying with environmental, health and safety and fire regulations
- Keeping up to date with developments in early years care
- Building relationships with relevant agencies, schools and childcare professionals
- Attending training sessions both in and out of work time
- Work with the nursery manager to ensure the nursery meets OFSTED and early years foundation stage standards.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Level 3 in Childcare as a minimum
- Must have previous experience within a similar role
- Ongoing training and support
- Childcare discount up to 40%
- Performance pay rises
- Giggles Group specific for conversations regarding work related matters and focus on positive goals achieved
- Bonus Schemes